This is a classic 80’s hit that could work today, don’t worry we aren’t going to try to reboot Pretty in Pink or The Breakfast Club. We aren’t that crazy… we’re just crazy enough to stay entertaining.
Since the 1st film adaptation didn’t pay attention to casting actors that remotely looked like one another, we aren’t going to either.
Darrel “Darry” Curtis, was originally played by Patrick Swayze, he is 20 years old and the oldest of the Curtis boys who he takes care of since his parents died in a car accident. Some of the guys we a have on this list aren’t exactly 20, but neither was Swayze when he played the part.
- James Marsden has been in the game for a long time, and deserve to keep booking. Plus, he won’t cost the studios too much money.
- Josh Duhamel he’s nice to look at which is great, because he doesn’t have a lot acting chops to work with.
- Kellan Lutz has definitely been paying his dues, unfortunately we don’t think he’s ready to carry a film on his own. So, this type of ensemble cast will be swell for him.
Ponyboy Curtis, was originally played by C. Thomas Howell, he is 14 years old and is the youngest Curtis brothers. He’s a good student and perhaps has the brightest future out of the Curtis boys.
- Nick Robinson he is a cutie on the hit sit-com Melissa & Joey, who we think could do a solid job sporting his baby face with some greeser edge as Ponyboy.
- Sterling Knight truth be told, we never liked this kid until his recurring role on Melissa & Joey. Plus, he has that built in audience the studios love.
- Austin Butler most recently known for his role on the The Carrie Diaries, and has the bruiting misfit role down pat.
Sodapop Curtis, was originally played Rob Lowe, he is the middle child at 16 years old, who’s a high school dropout that works at a gas station.
- Zac Efron you know why.
- Hunter Parrish has his own cult following from Showtime’s way-too-long lasted TV show Weeds. Parrish has appeared in a few other movies here and there, but a role like this could help his career reach the next level.
- Jean-Luc Bilodeau he’s been doing solid work on TV, and could do a good job in an ensemble cast such as this.
Dallas “Dally” Winston, was orignally played by Matt Dillon, he is the roughest of the Greasers, who lived on the streets of New York City for three years.
- Jake T. Austin is a Disney kiddo who made good on his boyish looks by transitioning into a young hottie. Wait, is he legal? Too late, we’ve said it. We’d love to see him in something else other than his usual ABC/Disney programming roles.
- Robert Sheehan is better known for his comedic timing, but we know this dude has range and we trust him to do anything – starting with this.
- Tyler Posey has the right look, and solid skills to play a role such as this. Plus, it will be nice to see him play something else outside of a wolf in high school.
Keith “Two-Bit” Mathews, was originally played by Emilio Estevez, he is a wise-cracking kleptomaniac.
- Dave Franco he’s Franco and he’s a good looking guy. ‘Nuff said.
- Adam Gregory has spent the majority of his caeer seducing house wives on The Bold and the Beautiful, but he should be shared with the rest of the world.
- Skylar Astin exploded on to the scene in Pitch Perfect singing his way into girls hearts. Whatever. We dig him, and want to see him in something else that doesn’t require harmonizing.
Steve Randle, was originally played by Tom Cruise, he been Sodapop’s best friend since grade school.
- Dean Geyer is a hot South African who’s most recently been seen on Glee.
- Cody Longo has landed several roles on various series and soaps, he’s prime to break out on the big screen.
- Scott Shilstone is cute, young and a no-name with just a few credits under his belt – let’s give this big fat nobody a shot. #teambigfatnobody
Johnny Cade, was originally played by Ralph Macchio, he is Ponyboy’s 16 year old best friend, who lives with his alcoholic and abusive mother and father.
- Skandar Keynes this boy has to get a role outside Narnia, right?
- Jesse McCartney should continue to branch out from voiceover work, we enjoyed his performance Chernobyl Diaries.
- Steven R. McQueen has been doing a descent job on The Vampire Diaries with 1-2 movie roles here ‘n’ there, we’d love to see him on the silver screen.
Alright-alright, we know that the majority of these guys are little bit too mature looking for the roles we’re nominating them for. We don’t care. Hollywood cast people that look way too old for their part to begin, and we have to watch their grown ass for another x number of seasons playing high school. Case and point, 98% of The Vampire Diaries‘ cast.
What do you guy think?